One Smart Move
Submitted by Robyn on 20 Jan 2016
Make your body strong by doing a daily plank with a few leg pulls.
- Move your body into a solid 'plank' position. Centre your palms on the ground, feel the length across your shoulder blades.
- Tune into a long strengthening line through your heels, to your knees, across your pelvis, rib cage and up to your ears.
- Once your plank is strong and stable, make sure you are breathing evenly and lift your left leg keeping your ribs connected to your pelvis.
- Exhale and pull the left knee into the left side of the chest while rounding the spine, lifting the abdominals and keeping shoulders wide and strong. Avoid rotating the spine or pelvis.
- Inhale, lengthen the leg back to your starting position. Repeat 6 times before changing legs and repeating on the other side.
Tip: Join a yoga studio in Cape Town to deepen your daily practice.