GLUTEN-FREE BREAD STICKS
A winning healthy party snack!
Makes about 16 bread sticks
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ teaspoon fine salt
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Beat two of the eggs and set them aside.
3. Combine the almond flour, salt and one tablespoon of the butter together and mix well.
4. Allow to sit for about a minute.
5. Add the second tablespoon of coconut flour, stir well, and then add the last tablespoon of coconut flour.
6. Let the dough sit for five minutes.
7. Cover a cutting board with baking paper.
8. Roll golf-ball sized chunks of dough into long thin sticks.
9. Bake for ten minutes.
10. Beat the remaining egg and add one teaspoon of water.
11. Remove the breadsticks from the oven.
12. Turn the oven up to 200°C.
13. Turn the sticks over and you’ll see the bottom is browned.
14. Lightly brush the sticks with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the coarse salt.
15. Return to the oven for five minutes.
16. Remove the sticks from the oven and brush with one tablespoon of melted butter.
17. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Tip: Consult a great nutritionist in Cape Town for more tasty, healthy recipe ideas to suit your specific needs.